Care Leavers Forum
As well as the Children in Care Council, Dudley has a Care Leavers forum. The Forum is call ‘Our Say, Our Way’ and aims to give care leavers a say in the way services are provided.
The project is committed to enabling young people to inform and improve services by involving those who have experienced services in the decision making process. The Care Leavers forum meeting monthly to discuss important issues to care leavers in Dudley.
We do lots of different things, these include:
- Represent the views of care leavers on issues that affect their lives
- Organise events for other care leavers so they can have their say
- Sit on the interview panels for key staff within Children’s Services and help decide who is employed
- Contribute to a website for looked after young people & care leavers
- Work with other organisations to make sure looked after young people’s voices are heard
- Have regular activities to celebrate our work
- Attend events in the West Midlands and elsewhere in the country too
If you would like to get involved or find out more information, have something to ask us or something to tell us, please call 01384 815174 or email OurSayOurWay@dudley.gov.uk