Skip to main content


Welcome to the Children in Care website. This site has been designed by Dudley Council with Dudley Children in Care Council called ‘Making a Difference’ (MAD).

Sometimes life can put you in situations you might not understand or know how to cope with. When this happens you might not be able to live with your family anymore and will come under the care and protection of Dudley Council.

This site will help you understand what care is and why this has happened to you and will also provide you with guidance to help with any problems or anxieties you may have about being in care.

Don’t forget you can always ask your carer, your social worker or the Children in Care Council or Care Leavers Forum if you’ve got any more questions.

Why don’t you also have a look at Dudley’s iZone where children and young people in Dudley can access trusted local and national information, services and apps on a range of topics such as housing, money matters, mental health, education and much more including clubs and activities.


REMEMBER You can contact your social worker on their mobile phone. If your social worker is not available and you need to speak to them urgently, you can call their office and ask for the duty worker or the team manager. Alternatively, you can leave a message for your social worker to call you back. You can email them if it is less urgent"